Thursday, 16 October 2014

Getting Creative in the Kitchen




I am by no means experienced in the kitchen. I struggle to follow recipes, often mixing them up or adding completely different ingredients.
Last Christmas my Aunty gave me Alice Hart's Vegetarian cookbook. While flicking through it I was inspired by her summer spring rolls.
While her recipe uses light fruity flavours mine was more of a traditional savoury dish. 

Ingrediants:
Noodles
Rice paper rolls
Coriander
Spring onion
Soy sauce 
Avocado
Dehydrated mushrooms
Chilli Bamboo
Cucumber
Sprouts
Capsicum
Sweet chilli

Method:
Place noodles in boiling water, from the kettle is fine. Let it sit until soft. 
To save time, dishes and water I scoop out the noodles and place in a bowl adding a touch of soy sauce for some flavour. 
Using the same hot water I submerge a rice paper roll for a few seconds or until it becomes transparent.
Then I lay in on a plate and place a small amount of of the fillings in the centre and roll up. 
Then you can use any sauce you like we had sweet chilli sauce but I found the soy sauce and the bamboo gives a fair bit of flavour.

If you aren't a fan of mushrooms then chilli tuna, chicken or prawns are all good substitutes.

What do you put in your cold spring rolls?

No comments:

Post a Comment