Sunday, 1 June 2014

Music For The Classroom


At the moment I have been playing Ruby Hunter and Archie Roach's Butcher Paper, Texta, Blackboard and Chalk which comes with there book and dvd. This has already mentioned in my Reconciliation Week post.
I actually received this book from my Nanna who is a close friend of Archie Roach.


The music on this CD was composed through song workshops held by Ruby and Archie for children living in Cape York and Queensland. The music shows how indigenous children today are connected to their culture. Whether it is Reconciliation Week or not this is still a enjoyable album to share with students. You can learn more about this on the website.


Purchase the book, cd and dvd here.
Read about Ruby's Foundation here.
Check out Archie's Website here.


I have not been asked to promote this product, I did receive it as a gift and have chosen to review it based on my own enjoyment of the product.


What are you listening to at the moment?
Leave a comment below and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment