Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Class Quilts


I believe that classrooms should be a safe, structured, organised environment. I also believe that it should be fun, welcoming and inclusive.
In order to encourage this within a class I have taught in I decided to work with students to create a class quilt that go over there couch.
Each student was given a square piece of material where they were asked to write, draw or sew at least three things they like. This could be a great getting to know you activity at the start of a year.
Once the students had completed there squares they were put together by adults (me and my crafty Nanna).

Another thing that I would love to see in my own classroom would be a chill out area and a quiet, comfortable reading corner.

If you have any suggestions on how I should start this please let me know,  I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment